Exploring the Top National Parks of Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand, known as the ‘Land of the Gods’, is one of the most beautiful states in India. Its stunning scenery, lush forests and majestic mountains make it a paradise for nature lovers. There are many national parks in Uttarakhand, each offering its own unique sights and experiences. Here are the top national parks in Uttarakhand that you should definitely visit.
1. Jim Corbett National Park: Established in 1936, Jim Corbett National Park is one of the oldest national parks in India. Located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand, it is an important part of Project Tiger. It is home to some of the most exotic and endangered species of animals, including the Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Elephant, and the Great Indian Hornbill. Visitors can also enjoy the picturesque view of the Himalayas from the park.
2. Valley of Flowers National Park: Located in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand, Valley of Flowers National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is known for its diverse variety of wildflowers and rare species of animals. The park is also home to several endangered species, such as the Himalayan Tahr, Snow Leopard, and the Musk Deer. It is a paradise for hikers and nature lovers.
3. Nanda Devi National Park: Nanda Devi National Park is located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is known for its snow-capped peaks, high altitude flora and fauna, and its pristine environment. It is home to several endangered species, such as the Himalayan Musk Deer, Red Fox, and the Himalayan Tahr.
4. Rajaji National Park: Rajaji National Park is located in the Haridwar district of Uttarakhand. It is a unique wildlife sanctuary that is home to numerous species of animals and birds, including the Asiatic Elephant, Leopard, Tiger, and the Great Sloth Bear. The park is also home to several rare species of plants and trees.
5. Gangotri National Park: Gangotri National Park is located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. It is a beautiful park that is home to several species of animals, such as the Himalayan Tahr, Musk Deer, Snow Leopard, and the Himalayan Black Bear. It is also known for its stunning views of the Himalayas and is a popular destination for trekkers.
These are the top national parks in Uttarakhand that you should definitely visit. Each park offers its own unique sights, sounds, and experiences that will leave you mesmerized. So, if you are looking for a perfect getaway, then these national parks in Uttarakhand are the perfect destinations for you.